- NCUP – House of Lords on 21st May 2020 The University Sector: Criticisms and Remedies
“The University sector has suffered its share of criticism in recent months. Charges of elitism, failure to prepare students for the world of work, too much emphasis on research at the expense of teaching are but a few of the perceived failures of the sector.
Are the criticisms justified? And what ... Read more
- NCUP – Annual Education Lecture addressed by Dr Stephen Barber – 21st February 2020 What Happens Now ‘Brexit is Done’?
“Now that the withdrawal bill has passed and the UK is leaving the EU, it must face up to the fundamental contradictions presented by Brexit. Universities must navigate the confusion.
For Britain, this is about addressing, on the one hand, the rejection of globalisation demanded by so many leave voters who ... Read more
- NCUP Bursary Scheme Applications are now open for the next round of the NCUP (National Conference of University Professors) bursary scheme which has been running for more than three years and has awarded bursaries so far to 13 postgraduate students.
In order to apply for a NCUP bursary, postgraduate students should submit a short statement about their doctoral research, ... Read more
- NCUP AGM 2020 NCUP AGM is taking place at the Gordon Museum on 21st February 2020, following the Annual Lecture.
- Report on Sir Oliver Letwin’s talk at the House of Lords 23rd May 2019 The Meaning of a University
NCUP HOUSE OF LORDS LUNCH 23.05.19
The Right Honourable Sir Oliver Letwin MP
Sir Oliver Letwin addressed the NCUP luncheon at the House of Lords, a gathering of 70, which was hosted by Baroness Pauline Perry, on ‘The meaning of a university’. Speaking without notes Sir Oliver began by saying this topic had ... Read more
- Hepi Annual Conference, 13th, June 2019 Hepi Annual Conference, What is University For? Future-proofing the sector in the age of risk and regulation
Thursday 13th June 2019 at the National Gallery, London
Dear NCUP Members,
The Higher Education Policy Institute (HEPI) is holding its Annual Conference on Thursday 13th June, 9am – 4.00pm in the Sainsbury Wing at the National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London. ... Read more
- University of Brescia Conference, May 2018: Professor Terence Davis’s keynote address NCUP again played a major role in the ‘Innovations in Education Colloquium’ hosted annually by the University of Brescia in North Italy (3-6th May 2018).
Last year for its 15th iteration, the theme was ‘Transformation in Education’. Prof Terence Davis OBE, President of NCUP was an invited keynote speaker.
His address titled, ‘Transformation of Education, A journey ... Read more
- House of Lords Luncheon, May 2019 You are invited to the following memorable event:
HOUSE OF LORDS LUNCHEON
The Rt Hon Sir Oliver Letwin, MP
Thursday 23rd May 2019
Cholmondeley Room and Terrace
Luncheon to be held in this historic setting on the Thames:
House of Lords
Houses of Parliament
SW1A 0PW London
Tickets Available From:
Doors Open at 1200
for 12.30 ... Read more
- NCUP AGM 22 March 2019 The next AGM will be held at Kings College London ( Kings Building, Strand Campus) from 15:30 to 16:45 pm on Friday 22nd March 2019.
It will be preceded by a buffet lunch from 13:00 to 14:30 followed by a public lecture from 14:30 to 15:30 pm in The Old Committee (the Principal’s) Room .
There will also be ... Read more
- Next Steps for Research Integrity in Higher Education Central London | Thursday 11th October | 11.00am – 3.30pm
With UKRI and Research England now fully established and beginning to consider the need for new Research Integrity policies, now is the time for HEIs to ensure they are up-to-date with sector developments and to learn from leading universities.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing for a full ... Read more
- Higher Education Conference 2018 The Higher Education Conference 2018, is to take place on the 9th October at QEII Centre, London The Conference will discuss and debate current reforms in the sector and tackle the challenges impacting the future of Higher Education.
What’s new for Higher Education 2018?
Hear about the key role of the Office for Students
The New Regulatory Framework for Higher Education
Examining the future of ... Read more
- HEPI annual lecture NCUP through its affiliation to HEPI has pleasure in extending the following invitation to all members:
2018 HEPI Annual Lecture at the Royal Geographical Society, Tuesday 27th November 2018 from 6 p.m.
Global Africa: Nelson Mandela and the meaning of decolonizing knowledge and universities – problems and opportunities
Professor Ihron Rensburg, Former Vice-Chancellor and Principal of the ... Read more
- Baroness Alison Wolf at the House of Lords Alison, Professor The Baroness Wolf of Dulwich, addressed the National Conference of University Professors (NCUP)and other guests at a lunch at the House of Lords on 16th May. The topic of her talk was ‘British Universities as International Institutions: Are They Under Threat?’ Baroness Wolf pointed out that the British Universities are a great success ... Read more
- 2nd Future Ed Tech Conference, London on June 15-16th 2018 NCUP Council member, Professor Christina Preston was on the Steering Committee of the 2nd Future Ed Tech Conference held in London on June 15-16th.
Professor Margaret Cox (Immediate Past President of NCUP) also spoke at this very large Future Ed Technology 2-day conference in London. She chaired a Round Table session; speaking on Teaching and Learning ... Read more