- Hepi Annual Conference, 13th, June 2019 Hepi Annual Conference, What is University For? Future-proofing the sector in the age of risk and regulation
Thursday 13th June 2019 at the National Gallery, London
Two complimentary tickets are available for NCP members to attend HEPI’s conference on a first come, first served basis. If you wish to apply please write to the President, Professor Terence ... Read more
- House of Lords Luncheon, May 2019 You are invited to the following memorable event:
HOUSE OF LORDS LUNCHEON
The Rt Hon Sir Oliver Letwin, MP
Thursday 23rd May 2019
Cholmondeley Room and Terrace
Luncheon to be held in this historic setting on the Thames:
House of Lords
Houses of Parliament
SW1A 0PW London
Tickets Available From:
Doors Open at 1200
for 12.30 ... Read more
- University of Brescia Conference, May 2018: Professor Terence Davis’s keynote address NCUP again played a major role in the ‘Innovations in Education Colloquium’ hosted annually by the University of Brescia in North Italy (3-6th May 2018).
Last year for its 15th iteration, the theme was ‘Transformation in Education’. Prof Terence Davis OBE, President of NCUP was an invited keynote speaker.
His address titled, ‘Transformation of Education, A journey ... Read more
- NCUP AGM 22 March 2019 The next AGM will be held at Kings College London ( Kings Building, Strand Campus) from 15:30 to 16:45 pm on Friday 22nd March 2019.
It will be preceded by a buffet lunch from 13:00 to 14:30 followed by a public lecture from 14:30 to 15:30 pm in The Old Committee (the Principal’s) Room .
There will also be ... Read more
- Next Steps for Research Integrity in Higher Education Central London | Thursday 11th October | 11.00am – 3.30pm
With UKRI and Research England now fully established and beginning to consider the need for new Research Integrity policies, now is the time for HEIs to ensure they are up-to-date with sector developments and to learn from leading universities.
Attend this timely Westminster Briefing for a full ... Read more
- Higher Education Conference 2018 The Higher Education Conference 2018, is to take place on the 9th October at QEII Centre, London The Conference will discuss and debate current reforms in the sector and tackle the challenges impacting the future of Higher Education.
What’s new for Higher Education 2018?
Hear about the key role of the Office for Students
The New Regulatory Framework for Higher Education
Examining the future of ... Read more
- HEPI annual lecture NCUP through its affiliation to HEPI has pleasure in extending the following invitation to all members:
2018 HEPI Annual Lecture at the Royal Geographical Society, Tuesday 27th November 2018 from 6 p.m.
Global Africa: Nelson Mandela and the meaning of decolonizing knowledge and universities – problems and opportunities
Professor Ihron Rensburg, Former Vice-Chancellor and Principal of the ... Read more
- Baroness Alison Wolf at the House of Lords Alison, Professor The Baroness Wolf of Dulwich, addressed the National Conference of University Professors (NCUP)and other guests at a lunch at the House of Lords on 16th May. The topic of her talk was ‘British Universities as International Institutions: Are They Under Threat?’ Baroness Wolf pointed out that the British Universities are a great success ... Read more
- 2nd Future Ed Tech Conference, London on June 15-16th 2018 NCUP Council member, Professor Christina Preston was on the Steering Committee of the 2nd Future Ed Tech Conference held in London on June 15-16th.
Professor Margaret Cox (Immediate Past President of NCUP) also spoke at this very large Future Ed Technology 2-day conference in London. She chaired a Round Table session; speaking on Teaching and Learning ... Read more
- Annual Education Luncheon and Lecture This event was held at Foyles Book Store, Charing Cross Road.
March 13th. 12.30 – 15.00
Place: Level 6 at Foyles, Foyles Bookshop Auditorium, Charing Cross Road, London WC2H 0DT
Date: 13th March 2018 – reception at 12:30.
Speaker: Professor Diana Laurillard
Title of Professor Laurillard’s talk: ‘Why should HE be able to make learning at scale feasible through technology?’
The talk ... Read more
- Why should learning at scale be feasible through technology? Professor Diana Laurillard
The London Knowledge Lab, University College London,
Institute of Education
Venue: King’s College London
3rd March 2018 – 13.30 – 15.30 (including buffet lunch)
Professor Laurillard is a world renowned Professor of Learning with Digital Technologies at the London Knowledge Lab, UCL Institute of Education giving Keynote speeches all over the world and online.
Her research includes large-scale ... Read more
- NCUP Seminar Research Excellence & Publishing Open Access, Data, Copyright Impact 3rd April 2017 9:30am – 16:30pm King’s College, London WC2R 2LS
Professor Margaret Cox welcomed delegates to the seminar on a wide range of issues relating to academic publishing, copyright, open access and impact in the context of the Research Excellence Framework. Eight presentations were given, followed by lengthy discussions and a roundtable session at the ... Read more