- HEPI webinar – ‘Open for business? Students’ views on entering the labour market’ The webinar will last for approximately 30 minutes and will explore the findings from the forthcoming HEPI Policy Note ‘Open for business? Students’ views on entering the labour market’, which will be published on Tuesday 28 April. This results of a survey of over 1,000 full-time undergraduate students on starting their career will be presented ... Read more
- Report on the NCUP 2020 AGM and annual Education Lecture This year’s AGM was held on 21 February at the Gordon Museum of Pathology, Guy’s Campus, Kings College, London, and featured a lecture by Professor Stephen Barber, titled: ‘What happens after Brexit?’
Stephen Barber is Professor of Global Affairs and Assistant Dean for Programmes, Business and Management, Regents University, London and he studies global political economy, ... Read more
- NCUP – House of Lords on 21st May 2020 The University Sector: Criticisms and Remedies
This event has now been cancelled until further notice. Further information will be provided in due course.
“The University sector has suffered its share of criticism in recent months. Charges of elitism, failure to prepare students for the world of work, too much emphasis on research at the expense of teaching ... Read more
- NCUP – Annual Education Lecture addressed by Dr Stephen Barber – 21st February 2020 What Happens Now ‘Brexit is Done’?
“Now that the withdrawal bill has passed and the UK is leaving the EU, it must face up to the fundamental contradictions presented by Brexit. Universities must navigate the confusion.
For Britain, this is about addressing, on the one hand, the rejection of globalisation demanded by so many leave voters who ... Read more
- NCUP Bursary Scheme Applications are now open for the next round of the NCUP (National Conference of University Professors) bursary scheme which has been running for more than three years and has awarded bursaries so far to 13 postgraduate students.
In order to apply for a NCUP bursary, postgraduate students should submit a short statement about their doctoral research, ... Read more
- NCUP AGM 2020 NCUP AGM is taking place at the Gordon Museum on 21st February 2020, following the Annual Lecture.
- Report on Sir Oliver Letwin’s talk at the House of Lords 23rd May 2019 The Meaning of a University
NCUP HOUSE OF LORDS LUNCH 23.05.19
The Right Honourable Sir Oliver Letwin MP
Sir Oliver Letwin addressed the NCUP luncheon at the House of Lords, a gathering of 70, which was hosted by Baroness Pauline Perry, on ‘The meaning of a university’. Speaking without notes Sir Oliver began by saying this topic had ... Read more
- Hepi Annual Conference, 13th, June 2019 Hepi Annual Conference, What is University For? Future-proofing the sector in the age of risk and regulation
Thursday 13th June 2019 at the National Gallery, London
Dear NCUP Members,
The Higher Education Policy Institute (HEPI) is holding its Annual Conference on Thursday 13th June, 9am – 4.00pm in the Sainsbury Wing at the National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London. ... Read more
- University of Brescia Conference, May 2018: Professor Terence Davis’s keynote address NCUP again played a major role in the ‘Innovations in Education Colloquium’ hosted annually by the University of Brescia in North Italy (3-6th May 2018).
Last year for its 15th iteration, the theme was ‘Transformation in Education’. Prof Terence Davis OBE, President of NCUP was an invited keynote speaker.
His address titled, ‘Transformation of Education, A journey ... Read more
- House of Lords Luncheon, May 2019 You are invited to the following memorable event:
HOUSE OF LORDS LUNCHEON
The Rt Hon Sir Oliver Letwin, MP
Thursday 23rd May 2019
Cholmondeley Room and Terrace
Luncheon to be held in this historic setting on the Thames:
House of Lords
Houses of Parliament
SW1A 0PW London
Tickets Available From:
Doors Open at 1200
for 12.30 ... Read more