NEW WEBINAR: HEPI x London Metropolitan University, Tuesday 10 November: How can universities support their local communities during the Coronavirus pandemic?
HEPI, in conjunction with London Metropolitan University, is delighted to invite you to a webinar ‘How can universities support their local communities during the Coronavirus pandemic?’, on Tuesday 10 November at 12pm-1pm.
This free one hour webinar, bringing together leading voices and insight from universities and local government, will focus on what role universities can play in their local communities during the pandemic.
Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive of London Metropolitan University, Professor Lynn Dobbs and Director of HEPI, Nick Hillman, will be joined by a panel, including:
- Lord Bob Kerslake, Former Chair of the Civic University Commission
- Councillor Janet Burgess MBE, Mayor of Islington
- Shakira Martin, Former President of the National Union of Students (NUS)
During the discussion we will cover questions such as:
- What is civic role of higher education institutions?
- How can universities work with their local areas to support the community during the current pandemic?
- Have the types of support needed in local areas changed due to the health crisis?
- And how universities can respond to these needs meaningfully?
The webinar will take place on the video conferencing platform Zoom and will be recorded.
Register for the event and submit a question for the Q&A here:
After registration, you will be sent details on how to join the webinar.
We do hope you will be able to join us.