NCUP Bursary Scheme
Applications are now open for the next round of the NCUP (National Conference of University Professors) bursary scheme which has been running for more than three years and has awarded bursaries so far to 13 postgraduate students.
In order to apply for a NCUP bursary, postgraduate students should submit a short statement about their doctoral research, who is supervising it, and their plans following completion of their thesis. One A4 page will be sufficient. Students who win sponsorship will be invited to the appropriate next NCUP event, which is the annual lecture at the AGM with the buffet lunch. Next year, this will be held at Gordon Museum of Pathology, Guys Hospital, London, on Friday 21st February 2020. Assistance with travel will be considered on request.
The names of successful students will be recorded on our NCUP list and each year the names of the winners and the titles/topics of their dissertations will be published on the NCUP website.
This is an open competition from NCUP and up to five students may be sponsored in any one year.
To apply, please provide the following:
- A brief summary of your research, about 300 words, including thesis title;
- Your possible plans post-thesis (no more than a paragraph);
- Your supervisor’s name and title;
- Include on the application your own name, email address, phone number, institutional affiliation, and the length of time you have been working on your thesis.
- Please send applications to the NCUP Executive Officer, Cheryl Humphrey on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can University of Northampton students please also copy in Janet.Wilson@northampton.ac.uk
Applications may be received at any time before 14th February 2020.
Professor of English and Postcolonial Studies
Vice President, NCUP