Back to the Future: Oral and Mental Health Across the Ages
Thursday 5th – Sunday 8th May 2022
Face to face activities are planned to be held at the Hotel Bellerive but will be reorganised according to changing circumstances
Thursday 5th May: Arrival and Social Gatherings
- Art icebreaker led by Jenny Wright and Nigel Fleet
- Quiz time hosted by Dharmesh and Sue Chauhan
- Gather for an informal meet for dinner at 7.30pm at the Bellerive Hotel before strolling into town to choose from one of the many lovely restaurants for supper.
Friday 6th May morning: Keynote Lectures
- Prof Eeva Leinonen, President, The National University of Ireland, Maynooth
- Prof Jenny Gallagher, Head of Population & Patient Health Newland-Pedley Professor of Oral Health Strategy. Kings College London.
- Prof Antonio Vita, University of Brescia, Department of Clinical and Experimental Science Patient
- Prof Barbara Borroni, Associate Professor of Neurology, Department of Neurological Sciences, University of Brescia
Friday 6th May afternoon: Roundtable Presentations
- Prof Ken Eaton Visiting Professor Eastman Dental Institute Faculty of Medical Sciences, treasurer NCUP
- DDr. Lukas Berr, PhD Department of Maxillofacial surgery, Klinik Donaustadt, Vienna
- Prof Dr Mª Cristina Manzanares Céspedes University of Barcelona Department of Human Anatomy and Embryology
- Dr Dieter Schonwetter Director of Student Affairs and Academic Services at University of Manitoba
- Prof Judy M. McDonald McLaughlin Centre for Population Health Risk Assessment, University of Ottowa
Presentations of work by winners of NCUP bursary : Chair Prof. Emerita, Margaret Cox, OBE, King’s College London
- Canapés and Cocktails from 7pm on the roof of the Bellerive
- 7.15pm Photocall
- 7.30pm Gala Dinner
Saturday 7th May: Roundtable discussions
Students from Zagreb University and EDSA Presentations
Round table discussions focus innovations, research and mental health supported by:
- Eeva Leinonen,
- John Burgess,
- Prof Dr Mª Cristina Manzanares Céspedes
- Dr Dieter Schonwetter
- Prof Barry Quinn
Saturday 7th afternoon
Boat trip to Iseola TBC
Sunday 8th May: Free time and Delegates depart.
Flights & Transport
Please check all information as travel may still be affected by Covid 19 regulations.
If travelling from the UK see guidance from Foreign Office https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/italy
Other countries will have their own requirements please check with local information.
The University of Brescia will arrange to pick up delegates from local airports. This is a complimentary service. If arriving at Malpensa Airport, Milan, please take the train to Milan Central Station and then onwards to Brescia.
- Verona (Easy Jet and RyanAir)
- Bergamo Milan (RyanAir)
- Milan Linate(Rryan Air)
Transfers from Rome should reach the preferred airports. There are high speed direct train connections from airports at Milan, Verona, and Venice to Lake Garda that stop at Desenzana del garda station as well as Brescia station, however the journey from Milan Malpensa is long and difficult and should be avoided.
Train: Delegates will be collected from Brescia Railway Station
Car: If you are arriving by car, please let us know your ETA and departure times It is possible to fly to Venice and then get a train onwards to Desenzana del garda station (prebook seats for train and be aware of steps up to train)
*At time of writing BA not showing flights to Verona, but things may change!
There is no registration fee Hotel costs including the Gala dinner bills need to be settled personally at the hotel. Please let hotel know in advance.
Gala dinner (Friday 6th May)
- All prices TBC
- Four-course dinner with wine: €55,00 per person, added to the Hotel bill if in Bellerive, please pay at reception if lodging elsewhere
- Aperitif on the roof of the Bellerive: €20.00, added to Hotel Bill or pay at Reception as above
- Coffee break (Sat 9th May) €5,50 per person, added to the Hotel bill
- The coffee break includes fresh pastries and refreshments.
The temperatures are very similar to the UK at this time of the year but because it is near the mountains and a lake, there is a micro climate and so there can be dramatic changes in a short time. Temperatures have topped 20°C in May, but you are advised to bring waterproofs.
- For the meeting: a suit or blazer are appropriate for gentlemen and the equivalent for ladies
- Friday Gala Dinner : Smart dress is appropriate
- For Boat trip: Appropriate outdoor / walking gear 15 euros for cost of boat and guide.
Most of you will be staying at Hotel Bellerive (www.hotelbellerive.it) which is within easy walking distance of the town of Salò. on the edge of Lake Garda. The Bellerive is a 4-star hotel offering beautiful views and a personalised service, It has free parking and Wi-Fi and is provided with a swimming pool (occasionally enjoyed by the local ducks!) Similarly Hotel La Vigna is on the side of the Lake but is 10 minutes stroll to the Bellerive along the water’s edge.
NB: Delegates are responsible for their own hotel bills and extras
Meeting venue: Ice Breaker, Keynotes and Presentations and Round Table Meetings will be at the Conference Room, Hotel Bellerive, any alterations will be posted.
CPD Certificates are available on request and a questionnaire will be made available. Bring your passport as you need this at the airport to identify yourself as the person booked on the flight and for the Hotel requirements.
Check your flight times and allow at least an hour and a half when checking in because of additional security. At time of writing Covid regulations are changing, so please check with all updated travel requirements. Car transport will be provided if you have given us your arrival and departure times.
Bring your flight numbers and ensure you have adequate travel and health insurance. Be careful with your belongings, we cannot be responsible for losses and thefts, although we will do our utmost to help.
Bring some Euros, you may wish to go shopping and you will need to settle all extra dining and excursions. We hope that you have a valuable and enjoyable time at the Colloquium.
The 2022 Brescia Team
- Dr Jenny Wright
- Professor Corrado Paganelli
- Professor Barry Quinn Emeritus
- Professor Pat Reynolds
- John Burgess
- Dr Caroline Pankhurst