- 2nd Future Ed Tech Conference, London on June 15-16th 2018 NCUP Council member, Professor Christina Preston was on the Steering Committee of the 2nd Future Ed Tech Conference held in London on June 15-16th.
Professor Margaret Cox (Immediate Past President of NCUP) also spoke at this very large Future Ed Technology 2-day conference in London. She chaired a Round Table session; speaking on Teaching and Learning ... Read more
- Baroness Alison Wolf at the House of Lords Alison, Professor The Baroness Wolf of Dulwich, addressed the National Conference of University Professors (NCUP)and other guests at a lunch at the House of Lords on 16th May. The topic of her talk was ‘British Universities as International Institutions: Are They Under Threat?’ Baroness Wolf pointed out that the British Universities are a great success ... Read more
- Annual Education Luncheon and Lecture This event was held at Foyles Book Store, Charing Cross Road.
March 13th. 12.30 – 15.00
Place: Level 6 at Foyles, Foyles Bookshop Auditorium, Charing Cross Road, London WC2H 0DT
Date: 13th March 2018 – reception at 12:30.
Speaker: Professor Diana Laurillard
Title of Professor Laurillard’s talk: ‘Why should HE be able to make learning at scale feasible through technology?’
The talk ... Read more
- Why should learning at scale be feasible through technology? Professor Diana Laurillard
The London Knowledge Lab, University College London,
Institute of Education
Venue: King’s College London
3rd March 2018 – 13.30 – 15.30 (including buffet lunch)
Professor Laurillard is a world renowned Professor of Learning with Digital Technologies at the London Knowledge Lab, UCL Institute of Education giving Keynote speeches all over the world and online.
Her research includes large-scale ... Read more
- NCUP Seminar Research Excellence & Publishing Open Access, Data, Copyright Impact 3rd April 2017 9:30am – 16:30pm King’s College, London WC2R 2LS
Professor Margaret Cox welcomed delegates to the seminar on a wide range of issues relating to academic publishing, copyright, open access and impact in the context of the Research Excellence Framework. Eight presentations were given, followed by lengthy discussions and a roundtable session at the ... Read more
- House of Lords Luncheon – 9th May 2017 The NCUP patron: The Rt Hon the Baroness Perry of Southwark and Lord Inglewood hosted a banquet luncheon to discuss future prospects for higher education
Download a report of Lord Inglewood’s Speech
Luncheon In the Cholmondeley Room & Terrace
May 9th. 2017, 12.30pm – 2.30pm
Our Patron, Baroness Perry of Southwark hosted the NCUP luncheon together with Lord ... Read more
- NCUP President Gives Keynote Speech at the GITEX Conference and Exhibition at the World Trade Centre in Dubai
Professor Margaret J Cox represented the only University in the World at the GITEX conference/exhibition in Dubai at the Dubai World Trade Centre in October 2015. In addition to giving the keynote speech, Professor Cox was also on an expert panel at the TechVerticals Digital Education Conference
GITEX Technology Weeks the leading ICT event in the Middle East, ... Read more
- Sir Rick Trainor Philanthropy and Fundraising in British Higher Education
Professor Sir Rick Trainor KBE, FRHS, FKC, FAcSS
Rector of Exeter college Oxford
21st March 2016 – 12.45 – 14.30
The Council Room, Strand Campus, King’s College London
Professor Trainor spoke on issues relating to philanthropy and fundraising in British Higher Education
Registration & Buffet: 12.45pm – 13.30pm
Annual Education Lecture: 13.30 p.m. – ... Read more
- Challenges Facing Universities: People Management Issues
“Challenges Facing Universities: People Management Issues” – 11th November 2015
Organised by the NCUP, this seminar on the challenges that face universities today took place at The Strand Campus of King’s College London.
The major emphasis was on the analysis of key people-centred processes within universities, which are associated with organizational efficiency and effectiveness. These are corporate ... Read more
- The 13th Anglo-Italian and 7th International Innovations in Education Colloquium: “ Personalisation, who do you think you are?” 23rd – 26th April at the University of Brescia in Northern Italy
A delegation from NCUP were invited to a panel at the 13th Anglo-Italian and 7th International Innovations in Education Colloquium: “ Personalisation, who do you think you are?” 23rd – 26th April at the University of Brescia in Northern Italy. NCUP members taking part were: Current President – Professor Margaret Cox; Council Members: Professors Katherine Cockin, Duska Rosenberg and Christina Preston, and ... Read more